UBIQUITI airGateway airMAX WISP Customer Access Point
The airGateway is an affordable product with a compact form factor. It simultaneously connects indoor client devices and powers the outdoor CPE (Customer Premises Equipment).
In this diagram, the airGateway supports multiple functions:
• Acts as an indoor wireless device connecting multiple wireless clients
• Connects to a switch to support wired clients
• Powers the airMAX CPE on the roof
The airGateway can operate in any of these network modes to meet the needs of your network:
• SOHO (Small Office/Home Office) Router
The airGateway supports these wireless modes to fulfill your wireless requirements:
• Access Point mode to function as the center of your wireless network
• Station mode to extend your wireless network
Such versatile functionality makes the airGateway extremely convenient and economical to deploy.
The airGateway is compatible with Ubiquiti PoE Adapters featuring 24V, 0.5A or 15V, 0.3A.
The airGateway provides an additional ±24kV of Ethernet isolation for built-in protection that lessens the risk of ESD or surge damage to your devices.